Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review of 3 Days by Krista Madden

Review

 

3 Days by Krista Madden

 
 
Blurb:
Kara Laquin wanted nothing more than to forget. Forget the past, live in the present, and ignore the future. When a massive solar flare destroys all electronics and throws the country into chaos, Kara is nearly a whole state away from her lost love, Blaine. He can wait only three days before moving on. With access to fuel limited, she must do anything necessary to get to him before he is forced to move on, but society is crumbling around her. Looters and murderers prowl the cities during the day, and something even worse roams at night.
 
My Review
If you are looking for your next addiction, this is it! 3 Days was fun, easy to read and well crafted. The author wove a captivating dystopian tale that kept me turning the pages and the underlying sweet romance was perfect.
What would you do if the power went out and life as you knew it came to a screeching halt? Would you be able to do whatever it took to survive? Could you defy the odds and learn to adapt or would you refuse to believe the new reality and fall victim to your circumstances? That's what the young adults in this story had to face.
Kara's struggle to survive while attempting to locate her lost love was believable and it didn't take long before I was cheering her along. Blaine quickly became a guy that I wanted to know more about. I was pleased as his strength and compassion became evident and then I couldn't get enough of him. Jared was another one of my favorite characters and seemed like the type of guy you want to know and have on your side.
I have added this book to my list of favorites and eagerly await book 2 in the series.  Kudos Krista Madden! I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to teens and adults alike.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment