Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Row Your Own Boat!

 

Row Your Own Damn Boat!

 
I'm sure you know the "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," song, right? The one you sang as a child and sang to your children. It has something to do with rowing your boat gently and merrily down the stream?

Well, for some random reason, it popped in my head and now it's stuck there. Anyway, I got to thinking. (True to popular belief, fictional writers are strange creatures who sit at book and coffee cup covered desks all day. We use the time thinking up strange and bizarre things to write, even though the majority of those random thoughts never make it to the page because most of the crazy stuff we conjure up has absolutely nothing to do with anything.) Anyway, back to the quirky little boat song.
 
After all this time, it dawned on me. If I'm forced to row a boat (face it, not all of us are cut out to be on an Olympic rowing team) that means:

A.) I forgot to charge the battery,
B.) I forgot to put fuel in the motor, or
C.) The motor went out.

Regardless of the reason, I don't think I'd be rowing gently or merrily. So, the next time you get a wild hair and decide to go boating, let the oars serve as a reminder to check items A-C because no one wants to hear your revamped version of a classic song. ~ ML Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment